About the Required Security Guard Training in Illinois
- Training on the use of force
- Legal and Ethical issues
- Detainment of suspects such as shoplifters and other criminals
- Training on emergency medical support
- Communication skill development
- Fire control and prevention
After you have obtained your Illinois PERC Card and completed the 20 hours of training, you can apply for a job in the security industry. Keep in mind that your security guard license is valid for 2 years each time it is applied for. Also, you should be aware that in order to keep your license, a refresher course must be taken every 12 months as long as you are employed in the security industry. The refresher course can be completed at the same training school as where you completed the 20 hours of training.